Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So the stress has set in

Well it has been quite a long time since I have posted something, I don't have as much time as my friend Glamazon, I have to find a job.

Well on the job front update, had an interview with an agency in NYC over the phone, went well, it was just under an hour, it will take several weeks to hear back. Just finished 5 tests for a placement agency in Chicago, uhg that was torture!

Have I mentioned that there are very few opportunities in the Twin Cities metro area and because of this I have had to start looking in Chicago and NYC. Now Chicago wouldn't be a bad thing, it just stinks that it may have to happen b/c I am out of a job b/c I haven't saved enough to move comfortably AND I am still in a lease in Mpls. Hopefully it will all work out and maybe just maybe I can find a company that wants to buy out my lease, but I am not hopeful as many recruiters have told me not to expect anything regarding relocation compensation.

But I have to give a shout out to all the people that are helping me locally and afar at finding a job, it is greatly appreciated and I hope that I can say thank you soon (via consumption of alcoholic beverages) and I hope that I won't have to return the favor, unless you want to get a new job! :)

On a happier note, I watched a new show that I was looking forward to, and I found out that it has 3, not 2 of my favorite actors! Eric McCormick, Tom Cavanaugh, AND Monica Potter! Oh, the show is Trust Me on TNT, and it is about and ad agency duo! Very funny, slightly realistic, but very entertaining! I am looking forward to watching next Monday, hopefully Amanda will let me as I will be staying at her apartment for a few days next week!

One advantage to having to travel to meet people for jobs is that I get to see my good friends, and my family! So at least one positive is on the table, yeah! :)

Alright, time to eat some lunch and then hit the showers, as I have a networking event this evening. Maybe it will spring a job opportunity, cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment